Enroll in Child Support Services
The child support program is authorized by Title IV-D of the Social Security Act. Services available to clients who enroll for child support include:
- Location help through the Ohio Parent Locator Service and the Federal Parent Locator Service.
- Modification of your support order.
- Interception of a noncustodial parent's federal income tax refund.
- Denial of a passport to noncustodial parents who owe unpaid support.
All child support services are free to clients who complete an application. If a custodial parent receives public assistance benefits (including medical benefits), the case is also eligible for free child support services.
There are 2 ways to apply for services from Franklin County Child Support Enforcement Agency:
- Visit the agency to complete an application. Please click here for our hours and location.
- Download, print, and complete an application. Return the completed application to the Franklin County CSEA in person or by mail. Please click here for our hours and location.
Once your application has been received, you will be contacted by mail or phone by a member of our staff.
If you have questions or would like to talk more about applying for child support services, give us a call at 614-525-3275.